Saturday, June 18, 2011

Pressure Cooking

So, I have heard great things about cooking with a pressure cooker, but was unsure of how to use one.  I discovered that I wasn't having much success because my pc was broken, so we took it to the store and exchanged it for a new one.  The joy of having a new pressure cooker is that it comes with an instruction booklet and a recipe book!!  Now that I know how to use it, I have been using it a lot.  The other day I put cauliflower, carrots, and a whole chicken in the pc with a cup of water, a dab of butter and some spices.  About 15 minutes later I had a fully cooked meal- pretty tasty.  Yes, the benefit of the pressure cooker is the speed.  It takes about 7 minutes to cook rice, 20 minutes to cook kidney beans, 10 minutes to cook whole potatoes, 10 minutes for chicken... and the list goes on.  I am very thankful for this time saver (though I still don't have it fully figured out) since prepping the vegetables takes a lot of extra time. 

No comments: