Friday, June 02, 2006

24th Birthday


May 27th was my 24th birthday. For some reason my birthday is usually a downer day and this one was no exception. I am not a cryer, but there is just something about my birthday. I hadn't slept well in days and so all it took was being unable to find powdered sugar for my cake icing to push me over the edge. I had found and bought everything else need to make my strawberring birthday cake, including buying and freezing strawberries back in March when they were in season. When I couldn't find powdered sugar I resorted to using the blender to make my own, but this doesn't get every single crystal. It was working well enough, but then the blender busted with still runny icing. I had been going non-stop all day on very little sleep and so I started crying. All I wanted was my mom's strawberry cake for my birthday. With guests coming in about an hour, I was thankful that my friend had made me another cake, and quickly tried to get my act together and dry my eyes. I was beginning to wonder why I had invited people over, but I am glad that I did. We had a lot of fun at my party. 11 locals came. I taught them how to dance the Cotton Eye Joe, Electric Slide, Macarena, Chicken Dance, and play twister. It was really good to get my adrenaline going and they had fun learning these crazy American dances.

No comments: