Saturday, August 25, 2012

Thankful for the Process

I apologize that it has almost been two month since I have posted.  So much has happened, and yet really, so little has happened.  The first trimester of pregnancy sent me on a physical and emotional battle in which I entered culture shock and partial lock down where I didn't leave my house much, partly because I didn't feel well, and partly because I didn't want to. 

But now I am on the other side, feeling a lot better, and finally getting back into life.  I am learning that I have to be patient.  Establishing life in a new location is a long process.  We have to work out all of the kinks in our house, learn how to pay bills, where to buy food, how to get our clothes dry during rainy season... We have to make new friends- learn their culture, times and methods of getting together... Find places to play, to work off stress, to relax...  Just figure out a routine of life in which we can thrive as a family.  I wanted it to happen right away, to immediately just get in the swing of things, but it didn't.  It is a slow process and instead of stressing because we are not there yet, I need to start enjoying the process and take it one day and step at a time.  Eventually we will get there.  Eventually this will be home and maybe our neighbors will see us as insiders.  But for now I am thankful that one neighbor came over to borrow a ladder, another brought us some sweets, and another took JP to pay our electric bill.  I am also thankful that although they barely know us, they trust us enough to send their kids over to play (uninvited) and graciously welcome Silas into their homes when he enters uninvited. 

No comments: