Thursday, May 29, 2014

Every Day


I have been intending to start a new blog series for a while, and now that the a/c in the kids' room is fixed and we finally have office back, I have access to my computer at night. This series is about things I see and do every day. Partly to let others see what life in South Asia is like, and partly to help me remember. We are saying goodbye in about 2 weeks. I see this little farm everyday and I love it, for multiple reasons. We live on the outskirts of a growing capital city, and while new places of residence are going up all around us, this place keeps the village/farm feel alive. The land is about the length of 3 football fields and about that wide. All throughout the year the ground is growing something. These people are very economical and hard working. In rainy season rice grows. I love the color of fresh rice paddy. In winter corn, followed by wheat. I never really understood in 7 Brides for 7 Brothers when Adam said that Milly's hair was the color of wheat in the summer, but now I do. It reminds me of my daughter's hair. And now they have vegetables and greens. I love the little house. That blue color against the red dirt is a common site here.

No comments: