Saturday, June 02, 2007

I look Like My Momma

This is an old picture, but it demonstrates my point.
Although I am shorter, paler, blonder, and my hair is curlier, I look like my mother and there is nothing I can do about. It isn't that I mind looking like my mother- I have always considered her to be a beautiful woman, but after living at college and then in China where no one knows my mother, it has been interesting coming back. I can walk into a place I have never been before and a complete stranger will come up to me and say "You must be Patti Cable's daughter!" At which I respond, "Yes I am. And who are you?" Actually it is a great thing. It reminds me of what it is supposed to be like as a child of God. I may not have His eyes and His smile, but I should be able to go places and have total strangers say, "Hey, you're God's daughter!" I was just thinking about that as I enter back into American culture and materialistic Plano. I pray that I am being a reflection of Him in everything that I do and say, and praise Him that He disciplines me and gives me another chance when I am not.

No comments: