Monday, April 11, 2011

Learning in Limbo

Well, we were "supposed" to leave for South Asia on April 6th, but we are still in America and still without our visas. This is certainly a testing in patience. I am beginning to see a pattern in my life. I had to wait for Silas, and now for visas, and in both cases you just have to be ready whenever the day comes. I feel very blessed to have wonderful parents who let us stay with them and give us date nights (much appreciated) but it is difficult to be in this time of limbo where we don't really know what our purpose is. I just have to hold to the knowledge that God's timing is perfect and he has a reason for our delay.

One difficult thing about our delay is that the longer we are here, the more nervous about leaving I become. It is amazing how perspective changes after having a child. I think back to my time in Asia as a single and look at the uncertainty, long bus rides, mountain hikes, staying with strangers, traveling from place to place… as a great adventure, but now that I have the responsibility of caring for a 5 month old, it is stress. Fortunately, the God who took care of me and amazed me in my previous adventures, is the same God who will be with me and will provide for Silas's needs on our new adventure. I am so thankful that I am in the hands of a faithful God who has the power to keep his promises!

No comments: