Saturday, November 05, 2011

On the Move

Last night I had my first South Asian train experience and Silas rode his first train ever.  As soon as the train started they served us tea with a samosa, sweet snack, and salty snack, but with Silas on my lap, it was a little difficult to partake of it.  A little while later they served tomato soup and a roll, again could not eat with Silas on my lap but I didn't really want to.  A little later they came by with a full meal: chickpeas in masala, chicken, rice, chapatis, yogurt, and salad.  But I didn't eat because I was busy holding my squirmy child who was really tired but couldn't go to sleep (he did really well though).  I want point Silas managed to crawl under the seats and go three rows ahead of us.  I laughed imagining what those people thought when they felt something tickling their feet :).  Silas eventually went to sleep so the sound of praise songs and we finished the train ride off with ice cream!  I was reminded of different life is now with a baby, but also how wonderful it is to have a little one cuddled up on your lap, knowing that you are the only one who can calm him in any situation (though normally his father can calm him too). 

No comments: