Wednesday, November 16, 2011

One Year

Tomorrow is Silas' 1st Birthday!  I have heard most parents say that they can't believe how their child is already one, or how fast the time goes, but my perspective is a little different.  Silas is finally one!  I can't believe it has only been a year since he was born.  So much as happened in our little family since Silas entered the picture that last November seems like several years ago (though I have to say that I still remember the labour nightmare quite clearly and am not looking forward to doing that again anytime soon). 
Since Silas was born we have resided in 6 different cities (7 if you count our short trips to Beaumont) in 3 different countries.  The first six months Silas' life was divided into 2 month interval: 2 months in Fort Worth, 2 months in Virginia, 2 months in Carrollton waiting.  At six months Silas moved half-way across the world to start again.  After a brief stint in our port city, we fortunately got to stay in one place for about 5 months before having to leave to come to Thailand- where we are now.  And Silas is such a flexible boy.  By plane, train, auto-rickshaw, taxi, and car Silas has proven to be a good little traveller!  He has adapted so well to all of his new surroundings and I am so thankful for my little man.
  I wish that we were home so that I could throw him a 1st birthday party with a cute cake, decorations, family, and friends, but we will have to wait until next year. 

No comments: