Monday, August 19, 2013

And some with Silas

Silas is 2 3/4.  He is getting to be so grown up in many ways and then in others he is definitely 2.  He tries to be independent, but he also like help with some things. He has been going to school 3 days a week and really likes it! 
It normally starts out innocently.  Silas will lovingly lay his head on Evelynn, she will smile and grab his hair...and it eventually ends with Silas sitting on top of her and me splitting them up before he jumps on her. 


Happy Independence Day!
My big boy is such a talker.  I don't spend a lot of time with 2 year olds, but I think Silas is pretty smart.  He likes to talk about all kinds of things, like going to the "blue doctor" and Bangladesh. He can identify the letter of the alphabet and tell you what sound each letter makes. His school says that he is learning rhymes in Hindi, but I haven't heard them yet.
   Silas loves to run- and he loves to run away.  He also loves riding in airplanes, autos, taxis, trains, cars and would be super excited if he got to ride in a helicopter.
  Silas still loves to read books and he has started "reading" to himself more.  Today I watched Silas on a video monitor all during his nap today because he has started doing some bad things during nap time.  He did not sleep a wink, but he kept singing, talking to himself, and reading books.
  Silas loves to laugh! I love my little Silas man even if these illogical twos are driving me crazy.

No comments: