Monday, June 27, 2011

Trust

Yesterday we went on a walk to buy a few things and just get out of the house after the nice rain.  As we were walking, two rather tall girls stopped us and asked if they could ask a favor.  I thought they were going to ask if they could take a picture of Silas, but instead they asked us if we could give them a ride (assuming we had a car parked nearby).  They said that they asked us because they don't trust their own people, but they trust us (strange).  We told them we didn't have a car and they told us they were in town for a basketball tournament (explains the tall).  Then they asked to take Silas' picture. 

Another girl told me that the people of her country are bad, they cheat people and you cannot trust them. 
The wife of our language teacher told us, when we asked her to help us find a house helper, that she doesn't trust people, even the Christians because they are tempted by the things we have and they steal. 

So sad.  I am a very trusting person and it is strange for me to hear people say that they trust foreigners over their own people.  So does that mean I shouldn't trust anyone?  I hope I will find that I can.

No comments: