Saturday, July 23, 2011

What has Silas been up to?

 In the days before Silas had figured out how to crawl, his favorite position was standing on his head with his bum sticking straight up in the air.  I don't know why he liked doing this so much, but is sure was cute.  The picture below is in our living room.  We put a blanket on the floor with a sheet on top of it to try to give him a softer place to play than just the marble floor. 
The other day we got not 1, not 2, but 3 boxes from America!!  Silas was excited to find out what was inside (or maybe he was just excited to have something new to pull up on).  Thank you Grammy and Gramps!

 My parents have pictures of all of us playing in the cabinets (well at least of me and Kristen) so I had to get a picture of Silas playing with the plastic dishes.  He got himself stuck though and could't figure out how to back himself out).
And here is what was inside the boxes!!  Foam tiles for Silas to play on!!  I don't know how many times Silas has fallen and hit his head on the marble floors, resulting in a sad cry (mostly wanting attention, he wasn't that hurt), a red spot, and occasionally a bruise.  With Silas pulling up now, I really wanted something softer for him to fall on and the blanket on the floor just wasn't cutting it.  Silas loves his tiles and has been putting them to good use!

1 comment:

Hannah.Estelle said...

They don't love me as much so they don't take pictures of me.

Silas never wears clothes...he looks like a jungle baby.