Sunday, January 22, 2012

Groceries, Shoes, and Random Things

I went grocery shopping at Chocolate Corner yesterday and after paying for my items I asked for them to be delivered to my house.  This may seem silly, but I don't have a car, so free delivery saves me having to pay to take an auto to me house.  So walking home I thought how cool it was that I could have my groceries delivered for free, but when 3 hours later that had yet to arrive and I needed to use some of them, it no longer seemed like a good idea.  JP literally ran to store for me so I could get to work making healthy bread for my picky eater (more on that later).

Yesterday I also went shoe shopping.  I am trying to find a cheap, fun pair of shoes to wear to my sister's wedding rehearsal, but I am not having much luck.  I have found some cheap shoes that are hideous, some cute shoes that are not cheap enough, and then some cute cheap shoes that are not my size.  They have an interesting philosophy at the shoe stores here that if they don't have your size, they will make it fit or try to convince you that another color would be better.  I tried on a really cute red pair in a 37 and it was a bit snug- but the salesman said "It is a perfect fit".  To which I replied, no, I need a larger size.  So he went away and stretched the shoe out and then came back.  "It is too small," I said.  To which he replied "No it fits perfectly".  When I again told him it was too small and I needed a 38 he said that they didn't have another size.  Then I understand why that was a "perfect fit".  He again tried to convice me that it was the right size, but I can guarantee you that it was not. 

As I was walking past a fresh spot of manauer the other day, trying to refrain from gagging, I thought "this is going to a fun place to be pregnant". 

How do you keep your one year old from continually yelling "Kuta" (dog) in the middle of church service and barking? 

No comments: