Saturday, January 07, 2012

Master Chef

We have two stores in town that cater more to the foreigner or the upper class national.  Whever I went to one of these store I kept seeing an advertizement for a cooking class taught by Radhika- the runner up on Master Chef India.  I love cooking, so I thought this would be a fun language/culture experience as well as a chance to learn how to cook with what is available where I live. 
    I attended two classes- one was on making pies and quiche.  This was helpful for me because I had never made a crust from scratch.  The crust on the pie she made in class was probably the best crust I have ever had (though the apple pie filling wasn't too impressive).  We also learned how to make banoffee pie, strawberry yogurt pie, and vegetable quiche- all very good.
   The second class I attended was Thai stir fry.  I already knew how to do that- but the food was yummy!

No comments: