Sunday, January 22, 2012

Silas Bread

Silas used to be a good eater.  He loved his veggies and would eat about anything but meat.  Now he has gotten really particular (which I heard is normal for his age), so in hopes of getting him to eat something with vegetables in it, I experiment in the kitchen and made up my own healthy bread recipe since I know he will eat bread.

Silas Bread
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1 1/2 cups grated zuchini
1/3 c pureed carrot (baby food)
1/4 c sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbs fruit juice (I used prune because that is what we had)

Mix it all together you know when ingredients together, dry ingredients together, and then add dry to wet.  Bake in loaf pan at 180 degrees Celcius for about 1 hour. 

It actually tasted really good so I think next time I might add less sugar, but this is already 1/4th of the sugar found in banana bread and no oil or butter.  Silas is a fan and so were our friends.


No comments: